Student Apprentice Program
NMBC’s Student Apprentice Program for dancers aged 12 – 18 aims to provide dedicated and aspiring ballet students with consistent technical training, a variety of performance opportunities, development of personal goals and artistry, and a pre-professional experience dancing with NMBC. Auditions for interested dancers will take place during auditions for The Nutcracker Ballet in late August. If accepted as a Student Apprentice, dancers must commit to the following minimum requirements for the season.
Student Apprentice Requirements
- High intermediate to advanced / pre-professional level
- Ages 12 to 18
- Strong pointe work (if applicable) and at least one (1) full year en pointe
- Minimum of three (3) ballet technique classes* per week at NMBC
- Stretch and Strengthen and/or classes in other styles are highly recommended
- If performing in The Nutcracker or company Spring Show, dancers must be available for rehearsals as cast on Monday/Wednesday/Friday evenings and Sundays.
* Dancers en pointe must also attend pointe class 3x per week, in addition to ballet technique classes, for safety and consistent progress.
Audition Dates & Times
- Check back later for 2023-2024 dates.
For more information, please contact:
Anna Bridge, NMBC School & Artistic Director