The NMBC Youth Company aims to provide aspiring dancers with a variety of opportunities that will enrich their current dance goals, develop a personal sense of artistry, and foster leadership within the NMBC and greater dance community. Auditions for dancers age 10+ will take place during NMBC auditions for The Nutcracker. As members of the NMBC Youth Company for the 2019-2020 season, dancers must commit to the following requirements.
NMBC Youth Company Requirements
- Class requirement: at least 2 ballet technique classes per week* at NMBC + at least 1 class in another style (tap, jazz, hip hop or lyrical). Missed classes must be made up within one month.
- Outreach Performance: Participation in one outreach project/performance per semester**, plus featured NMBC Youth Company dances in the end-of-year recital
- Rehearsals: Attend all rehearsals for outreach and recital performances (schedule TBA)
- Fundraising: Participation in one fundraising project per semester
- Participation fee: $30 fee per season
* Dancers en pointe or pre-pointe must attend pointe or pre-pointe classes 2x per week, in addition to their ballet technique classes, for health, safety and consistent progress.
** More than one outreach project/performance per semester may be possible as opportunity arises.
Additional opportunities may include workshops, master classes, and lectures about dancer wellness.
Auditions for 2019-2020 Season
Friday, August 23: 10 year olds
Dancer registration begins at 6:30pm
Audition: 7:30 – 9:00pm
Saturday, August 24: 11 years and up
Dancer registration begins at 12:30pm
Audition for 11 to 13-year-olds: 1:30 – 3:00pm
Audition for 14-year-olds and up: 4:30 – 6:30pm
Contact for more information
Anna Bridge, NMBC School Director