Young Dancer Workshop
July 12, 2021 – July 16, 2021
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Registration deadline: June 30, 2021
Tuition: $200 online/ $250 full tuition
This workshop will be offered in-person and via ZOOM for those wishing to attend from the comfort of their home!
Designed for beginning and intermediate dancers ages 7.5 and up, this summer dance workshop focuses on exploring movement and laying the foundation for individuals to begin their artistic journey. Classes include classical ballet, stretch & strengthen, lyrical, jazz, dance history, and choreography. Get your young one moving and learning this summer.
Recommended for students aged 7.5 and up with prior dance experience (NMBC levels Ballet 1/2/ or A in jazz, tap, etc). Level placement required for non-NMBC students.
DRESS CODE: Dance attire reflecting the identity of the individual student should be
clean and professional. Dancewear should not hinder movement or hide body lines so
instructors can give effective feedback on alignment and technique.
Ballet & Pointe Classes
• Black leotard, convertible or footed tights (pink or matching skin tone)
• Skirts and shorts may be worn for pointe class, when personally necessary, or at the instructor’s discretion
• White or black fitted t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/dance pants, ballet slippers
• Warm-ups may be worn for pliés and tendus or at the instructor’s discretion
• Colored leotards may be worn during the last week of the month.
• Hair must be secured out of the face in a classical bun. No ponytails.
• Jazz/Lyrical/Contemporary: Leotard or fitted top, tights/leggings/dance pants, jazz/lyrical shoes, socks, or bare feet
• Tap: Comfortable clothing that does not hinder movement, tap shoes
• Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing that does not hinder movement, clean dance
sneakers (no outside street shoes on the marley)
WHAT TO BRING to classes & workshops:
• Water bottle
• Extra masks
• Exercise mat for all conditioning, dancer wellness, and pilates/yoga classes
• Notebook and something to write with for all workshop participants
To register CLICK HERE or for more information, contact Anna Bridge at 505-659-8523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico Ballet Company 10410 Comanche Rd NE ABQ, NM 87111Register Now