Monday, July 19 - Friday, July 23
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 1:30pm
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Recommended for dancers ages 11 and up. NMBC levels 3, 4, B, and C.
Join NMBC this summer for our all-new contemporary intensive. This week long training will challenge and inspire intermediate and advanced dancers to explore different styles of movement including contemporary ballet, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, improvisation, tap, MELT Method, and more! Taught by our wonderful in-house staff as well as special guest artists, Davonna Batt, dancers will walk away with a greater passion for dance. With classes in various styles aimed to further each dancers versatility, continue your dance instruction with us this summer.
DRESS CODE: Dance attire reflecting the identity of the individual student should be
clean and professional. Dancewear should not hinder movement or hide body lines so
instructors can give effective feedback on alignment and technique.
Ballet & Pointe Classes
• Black leotard, convertible or footed tights (pink or matching skin tone)
• Skirts and shorts may be worn for pointe class, when personally necessary, or at the instructor’s discretion
• White or black fitted t-shirt, black shorts/leggings/dance pants, ballet slippers
• Warm-ups may be worn for pliés and tendus or at the instructor’s discretion
• Colored leotards may be worn during the last week of the month.
• Hair must be secured out of the face in a classical bun. No ponytails.
• Jazz/Lyrical/Contemporary: Leotard or fitted top, tights/leggings/dance pants, jazz/lyrical shoes, socks, or bare feet
• Tap: Comfortable clothing that does not hinder movement, tap shoes
• Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing that does not hinder movement, clean dance
sneakers (no outside street shoes on the marley)
WHAT TO BRING to classes & workshops:
• Water bottle
• Extra masks
• Exercise mat for all conditioning, dancer wellness, and pilates/yoga classes
• Notebook and something to write with for all workshop participants
To CLICK HERE to register. For additional information or question, please contact Anna Bridge at 505-659-8523 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
New Mexico Ballet Company 10410 Comanche Rd NE ABQ, NM 87111Register Here