Become a part of NMBC!
2019/2020 Production Season Audition
Friday, August 23rd – Sunday, August 25th
Dancers ages 8-10 – Friday, August 23rd from 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Dancers ages 11-13 – Saturday, August 24th from 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Adult Roles – Saturday, August 24th from 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Dancers ages 14 & up and Contract Dancers– Saturday, August 24th from 4:30pm – 6:30pm
PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR AUDITION TIME
*Possible Callbacks scheduled for Sunday, August 25th!
Friday August 30th, from 7:00 – 9:00 PM
There is an audition fee of $5. All dancers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There is a mandatory parent meeting during the audition.
Female dancers – a solid colored leotard with pink tights, ballet shoes and pointe shoes (if appropriate)
Male dancers – black tights or ballet shorts with a solid black or white t-shirt
Adult performers – form fitting clothing that allows for movement
We encourage potential contract dancers to audition during our regular Sunday company class. Before you arrange a trip out to New Mexico, please note that NMBC is a small non-profit with a limited budget. Our dancers are independent contractors paid per performance. It is far from a living wage. Most of our dancers are in college or grad school, have full time jobs or teach in addition to performing with us. We do provide free unlimited classes and a small amount toward shoes in addition to performance fees. If you are interested in auditioning for a contract position, please send us your resume and any videos or photos.
Albuquerque Dance Collaborative
Dancers ages 10 to 19 are welcome to join us for a specialized placement class in August. Team members will participate in community performances, local competitions and travel for a National Finals in Anaheim, CA during the summer of 2020. Join us to become a part of our award-winning team.
Class Placement/Auditions have already passed! If you are interested in being a part of our team, please contact us at ABQDanceCollaborative@gmail.com!
NMBC Youth Company
The NMBC Youth Company aims to provide aspiring dancers with a variety of opportunities that will enrich their current dance goals, develop a personal sense of artistry, and foster leadership within the NMBC and greater dance community. Auditions for dancers age 10+ will take place during NMBC auditions for The Nutcracker. As members of the NMBC Youth
Company for the 2019-2020 season, dancers must commit to the following requirements.
NMBC Youth Company Requirements
- Class requirement: at least 2 ballet technique classes per week* at NMBC + at least 1 class in another style (tap, jazz, hip hop or lyrical). Missed classes must be made up within one month.
- Outreach Performance: Participation in one outreach project/performance per semester**, plus featured NMBC Youth Company dances in the end-of-year recital
- Rehearsals: Attend all rehearsals for outreach and recital performances (schedule TBA)
- Fundraising: Participation in one fundraising project per semester
- Participation fee: $30 fee per season
* Dancers en pointe or pre-pointe must attend pointe or pre-pointe classes 2x per week, in addition to their ballet technique classes, for health, safety and consistent progress.
** More than one outreach project/performance per semester may be possible as opportunity arises.
Additional opportunities may include workshops, master classes, and lectures about dancer