AUDITIONS for The Nutcracker Ballet
Open to dancers aged 8 to adult!
Auditions will be held at New Mexico Ballet Company
6207 Pan American Fwy NE, ABQ 87109 (505) 292-4245
Sunday, August 21
10:30 am – 12:00 pm Ages 8 to 10 (must be 8 by Nov. 2022)
12:15 pm – 1:45 pm Ages 11 to 13
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Ages 14 to 17
Monday, August 22
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Ages 18+, Advanced & Professionals
6:00 – 7:00 Warm Up
7:00 – 8:00 Audition (Ladies en pointe)
8:30 pm – 9:30 pm Adults 18+ (beginning & intermediate ability)
Wednesday, August 24
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Callbacks if needed
Monday, August 29
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Casting Pickup at NMBC
- Audition Fee: $10
- Dancers should arrive 1/2 hour before your assigned audition time to check in, fill out paperwork, and warm up.
- All dancers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
- A mandatory parent meeting will be held during each audition time for new participants.
- Female dancers: wear a solid color leotard, pink tights, ballet slippers and pointe shoes (if en pointe).
- Male dancers: wear black tights or jazz pants and a solid white or black shirt.
- Adult Performers: wear form fitting clothing that allows for movement.
2022-2023 SEASON AUDITIONS
Application deadline: August 21, 2022
NMBC is seeking professional ballet dancers to join the company for the 2022-2023 season.
Classical training background is a must. Contemporary and partnering highly preferred. NMBC
has been the premier professional ballet company in the state of New Mexico since 1972. We are
kicking off our 50th season and we have just opened a new, exceptionally designed, facility with 4
studios and all amenities. We perform at major venues that hold thousands of patrons. Our
diverse city and state are known for supporting arts and culture. The cost of living in Albuquerque
is lower than most cities of comparable size and the weather is beautiful. You will be joining a
team of highly skilled professional dancers. This part-time position is a paid position with
opportunity to earn more income through teaching at the studio or work outside the company.
Authorization to work in the U.S is required.
Please indicate your interest by submitting the following materials to the NMBC Artistic Director
Anna Bridge at email@example.com.
- Current place of residence
- Headshot and full body dance photos
- Video reel with class and/or performance footage