Albuquerque Dance Collaborative
Albuquerque Dance Collaborative (ADC) is a collaborative dance group that gives individuals the opportunity to learn and train with other artists in the Albuquerque area. The team has a successful history based in hard work, integrity, and artistry. ADC is the official competition team of New Mexico Ballet Company’s school and strives to provide dancers with the means to train and improve their artistry through competition in a safe and healthy environment.
Through ADC, dancers learn the value of hard work and dedication through a focus on cross-training in various styles and genres of movements. Dancers are required to take ballet, jazz, and specific team class each week in addition to various other styles and rehearsals. ADC competes in at least 3 local competitions and conventions per season and travels out of state for a National Finals each summer. In addition to a rich history of success, ADC focuses on training individuals to not only be stellar dancers and artists, but also human beings.
Please contact us at ABQDanceCollaborative@gmail.com to set up an in-person evaluation.
It has been quite the season for ADC. We were fortunate enough to have grown in numbers this season which has certainly kept us on our toes. We are so proud of our team and the progress they have made this year. For the first time ever, ADC introduced a junior team and they killed it!
We can’t wait for Nationals this coming July and our eager to see these artists take the stage one last time for this season!
July 14th, 2021
After a season full of constant change and uncertainty, our team was able to finish their season strong at the Revolution National Finals in Anaheim, CA. This past year, ADC experienced lots of first, from the introduction of a junior team to traveling out of state for Regional competitions and working online through the pandemic, we made great strides to grow as artists and people. We could not be more proud of all the hard work that was put in by all of our dancers!
- Class Act Award – Studio
- Senior Small Group Battle Champion, 1st Place Senior Intermediate Small Group Champion, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – Slide
- Senior Large Group Battle Champion, 1st Place Senior Intermediate Large Group Champion, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – Silver Screen
- Senior Intermediate Solo Champion, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – All I Ask (Allyse)
- 2nd Place Senior Intermediate Large Group, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – Le Jazz Hot
- Teen Large Group Battle 3rd, Place, 7th Place Teen Intermediate Large Group, Platinum Champion – Lost
- 3rd Place Senior Intermediate Large Group, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – Shut It Down
- 4th Place Senior Intermediate Duet/Trio, Platinum Champion – The Room Where It Happened
- Top 5 for 12 and Over National Improv Throw-down – Raven
- 6th Place Teen Intermediate Duet/Trio, Platinum Champion – Rich Man
- 7th Place Senior Intermediate Solo, 1st in Category, Judges Choice Award – Sensation Style, Platinum Champion – Look (Isabelle)
- 10th Place Senior Advanced Large Group, 1st in Category, Platinum Champion – A Pale
- 2nd Runner Up Premiere Miss Dance America, Platinum Champion – Before (Lexie)
- Revolutionary Award Champions: Dangerous & Out of Order (Gracie)
- Platinum Award Champions: 90 Days, It’s All Coming Back, Instagram (Lindsey), Overthinker (Mia), Golden (Bellalia), What I Know Now, Grace (Emma)
- Elite Gold Champions: I’m Still Standing, Manicure, Ashes & Sugar, Sugar (Julianne), Pull You Down (Skylyr), Gravity & Force Silenciosa (Janis), Shine, To Build a Home (Raven), Not Myself Tonight (Skylar), Hot Like Wow (Madisyn), Man With A Hex (Jaidyn)
UP NEXT: 2021-2022 SEASON AUDITIONS AUGUST 21ST & 22ND!
May 10th, 2021
April was definitely one busy month for our dancers. In addition to classes and rehearsal, we attended 3 different competitions: two in Santa Fe and one (FINALLY) in Albuquerque. We are grateful to all the competition companies that worked so hard to make sure that even in a pandemic, our kids were given a place to the the stage and showcase all of their hard work. We could not be more proud of how diligent our dancers have been in their training and their rehearsal and we are so glad that that talent was able to be recognized.
Awards & Recognition:
CRU Dance Competition
- 3rd Highest Score of Entire Competition, 2nd Place Elite Senior Soloist, Judges Choice Award, Ultimate Elite Champion – Edge (Tanner)
- 4th Highest Score of Entire Competition, 1st Place Elite Senior Small Group, Ultimate Elite Champion – Someone You Loved
- 6th Highest Score of Entire Competition, 1st Place Elite Adult Soloist, Ultimate Elite Champion – One Moment in Time (Joely)
Showbiz Talent Competition
- Diamond Icon Champion (Highest Group Score of Entire Competition), 1st Place Diamond Senior Small Group, Platinum Champion – Someone You Loved
- 1st Place Diamond Senior Soloist, Contemporary Icon, Mr. Showbiz, Elite Champion – Godspeed (Tanner)
- 2nd Place Diamond Senior Soloist, Jazz Icon, Platinum Champion – Dangerous (Gracie)
Starpower Talent Competition
- 1st Place Advanced Senior Small Group, Choreography Award, World of Dance Golden Ticket Invitee, Judges Choice Award, 5 Star Elite Champion – Someone You Loved
- 1st Place Advanced Senior Soloist, 5 Star Elite Champion – Godspeed (Tanner)
UP NEXT: REVOLUTION NATIONAL FINALS IN ANAHEIM, CA
March 20th, 2021
After not being able to compete last season and a year of navigating dance through a pandemic, we were finally able to take the stage. With the uncertainty of the pandemic, this year we opted to travel to Pueblo, CO for our first regional competition with Revolution Talent and we could not be more amazed with how well our dancers did. From crazy weather conditions to block scheduling and masks, it certainly put us to the test in many ways and to come our stronger from it all has been phenomenal! This was our first time competition with big studios from Colorado and with over 3 days of competition, it was definitely a hard event for us to start our season with. While no award can define our passion for dance it was great to be recognized for the people we are. Revolution selected us as the Class Act Studio of the weekend, acknowledging our dancers for their professionalism, promptness, and kindness on and off the stage and we could not be more proud of them for that!
- 1st Place Intermediate Senior Trio, Platinum Champion – Troubles Go Away
- 5th Place Advanced Senior Small Group, Revolutionary Champion – A Pale
- 8th Place Advanced Senior Solo, Revolutionary Champion – Godspeed (Tanner)
UP NEXT: SHOWBIZ AND CRU COMPETITIONS IN New Mexico (fingers crossed)!
July 5th, 2019
This past week our wonderful dancers wrapped up their season at the Showbiz National Finals in Anaheim, CA. After a season filled with hard work, the dancers of ADC left their hearts out on the stage and earned a few top honors in the process. We could not be more proud of our dancers hard work and we look forward to seeing what the future holds for our team.
- 7th Place Senior National Small Group, Elite Champion – Bad Guy
- 5th Place Senior National Small Group Finalist, 6th Place Senior National Small Group, Elite Champion – Mein Herr
- 5th Place Senior National Trio, Platinum Champion – Hands Dirty
- 3rd Place Senior National Solo Champion, Senior National Mr. Showbiz, Senior National Lyrical Icon – 65 Roses (Tanner)
- 1st Place Senior National Duo/Trio Champion, 2nd Place Senior Duo/Trio Showdown Champion, Elite Champion – Kissing You
UP NEXT: 2019-2020 Season Auditions on July 25th, 2019!
APRIL 30TH, 2019
April has been a busy month for the members of ADC! Over the past few weeks, dancers, in addition to training, have competed in 3 different regional competitions (Starpower Talent, CRU Dance, and Showbiz Talent) earning themselves top honors at each. Their hard work and dedication to their craft and passion for dance was recognized every time they took to the stage and has certainly helped in leaving a lasting impact on the history of ADC. While this weekend concluded our regional competition season, we look forward to continuing our training and preparing for the Showbiz Talent National Finals held in Anaheim, CA this June! Please help our dancer getting their by supporting through our upcoming fundraisers including flower sales at recital, a car wash and car wash passes, a dance-a-thon, sponsorship, and a dine-to-donate evening with a local restaurant.
Awards and Recognitions:
Starpower Talent Competion
- 8th Place 15-19 Advanced Solo, 5 Star Champion, PowerPak Invitee, World of Dance Scholarship – Lost Without You (Joely)
- 2nd Place 15-19 Advanced Solo, 5 Star Elite Champion, World Dance Pageant Scholarship, PowerPak Invitee – Vincent (Tanner)
- 5th Place 15-19 Advanced Duo/Trio, 5 Star Champion, PowerPak Invitee – Hands Dirty
- 2nd Place 15-19 Advanced Duo/Trio, 5 Star Elite Champion, Amazing Connection Award – Kissing You
- 3rd Place 15-19 Advanced Small Group, 5 Star Elite Champion, Most Entertaining Award, Chuck Crist Memorial Award- Mein Herr
- 1st Place 15-19 Advanced Small Group, 5 Star Elite Champion, Best Choreography Award, World Dance Championship “Golden Ticket” Recipient – Wild Horses
CRU Dance Competition
- 2nd Place Senior Solo, 4th Highest Score of Entire Competition – Lost Without You (Joely)
- 1st Place Senior Solo, 3rd Highest Score of Entire Competition, Judge’s Choice Awards – Vincent (Tanner)
- Highest Score of Entire Competition, 1st Place Senior Small Group, Choreography Review Champion, Best Precision – Wild Horses
Showbiz Talent Competition
- 3rd Place Pre-Senior Solo, Platinum Champion – In the Dark (Alex)
- 2nd Place Pre-Senior Solo, Miss Showbiz, Platinum Champion – Retrograde (Lindsey)
- 3rd Place Senior Solo, Senior Solo Costume Winner, Platinum Champion- Lost Without You (Joely)
- 1st Place Senior Solo, Mr. Showbiz, Elite Champion – 65 Roses (Tanner)
- 3rd Place Senior Duo, Platinum Champion – Hands Dirty
- 2nd Place Senior Duo, Elite Champion – Kissing You
- 5th Place Senior Small Group, Platinum Champion – 42
- 4th Place Senior Small Group, Platinum Champion – Mein Herr
- 3rd Place Senior Small Group, Diamond Choreography Award, Elite Champion – Wild Horses
- 2nd Place Senior Small Group, Elite Champion – Anymore
- 1st Place Senior Small Group, Diamond Icon (Highest Scoring Group of Entire Competition), Elite Champion – Bad Guy
FEBRUARY 20th, 2019
Over the weekend ADC attended Encore Performing Arts Talent Competition at the KIVA Auditorium and what a success it was. After weeks of hard work our dancers took to the stage and showed their wonderful artistic ability and delivered stellar performances! As a result, our team walked away with many awards and accolades including:
- Division 3 Grand Champions, Highest Scoring Senior Group, Highest Scoring Senior Small Group, Judge’s Choice Award – Anymore
- Showstopper Award – Mein Herr
- Senior Duet/Trio Champion – Kissing You
- Senior Solo Champion, Broadway Dance Center Scholarship, $40,000 Scholarship to AMDA – Vincent (Tanner)
- Senior Solo 6th Place, Dancer Expo Scholarship – Retrograde (Lindsey)
- Teen Solo 4th Place, AMDA High School Summer Intensive Scholarship – In the Dark (Alex)
NEXT UP: STARPOWER TALENT COMPETITION APRIL 5TH-7TH
NOVEMBER 5th, 2018
Recently, we attend our first team event of the season, NUVO Dance Convention and Competition. Over the course of the weekend, the team took over 15 classes with world-renowned dancers, teachers and choreographers as well as showcased a routine in front of that faculty. Various members of the team walked away with partial and full scholarships to The Dance Awards for their work in classes. In addition, Tanner received a 6th place overall in Senior Solo and our group piece “Anymore” was awarded 1st place as well as Highest Scoring Senior Contemporary and Best Nu Senior Group!
We are grateful for such a strong start to our season and look forward to what the future holds in store!